Covid Indian variant?

Please note grumbles are preferred to praise . . .
Early riser

Covid Indian variant?

Post by Early riser »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57126318

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57119579

How did/has this happened? Presumably, by the name, it came from India?

So:
  1. Why has travel to and from the subcontinent been allowed?
  2. Why are the idiots who use religion as an excuse not to get vaccinated not been forced to have it?
  3. Not having the jab for whatever reason is selfish and should be punishable by law.
I don’t get it.
🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Amanda

Re: Covid Indian variant?

Post by Amanda »

Can you actually force people to have a vaccination I don’t think you can. There’s religious connotations as well it would against any civil rights laws.
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Amanda wrote: 15 May 2021 11:46Can you actually force people to have a vaccination
Dont see why not, especially in what can be called a national emergency. If there are people out there living by odd minority laws (you Cornish know who you are :D) and rules, which are not legal in the uk, and won’t have the jab for example that’s fine but go somewhere else like Damascus and infect your neighbours. People are governed by law, if there’s a temporary emergency law stating all citizens will have the jab like it or not you’ll bloody have it. There are such things as:
The Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984, which contains powers to deal with pandemics, specifies that regulations may be introduced to manage an infection which presents or could present “significant harm to human health”.
Google it.

So, in answer to your question the answer is yes.

As for human rights, I agree with them in the main but in this case fuck human rights. Not having the jab is against human rights.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
The Hittite

Post by The Hittite »

I read this this morning:
anyone who was unsure should look at Bolton, where most people in hospital with Covid were eligible for a jab but had not had one
In my opinion these people should be refused hospitalisation. I know that’s against all euro bullshit & human rights etc. but the jabs are available foc and I think refusing the jab and expecting NHS workers to risk their own lives to look after you is worse than any human rights violation. It will end up being blamed on a racist attack on minorities of which I am one and it is not. Also, somebody mentioned it being selfish to refuse a jab potentially putting others lives at risk.
isifuba

Post by isifuba »

Don’t forget to text 701** and donate to the “CORNAVIRUS APPEAL NDIA CRISIS” or phone 08*0 0*8 O2*4 to the disasters emergency committee.

What, really, are you fckn mad?? We’re not even out of our own coronavirus problems and we are being asked to donate ten quid to this bullshit? They are supposed to be an up and coming super power, where were they when we could have done with some help? If these people hadn’t been whooping it up in their millions at religious festivals or persecuting their citizens in the caste system they wouldn’t be where they are now. No, sorry, not interested!
Compo: ". . . in perfect condition, a manually operated siren worked by hand . . ."

Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I see the travelling British hoards are now confused with the traffic light system. Basically, don’t go to red countries at all, don’t go to amber countries unless absolutely necessary but, in a nutshell, stay at home you idiots!! It’s my suspicion the confused are using “I don’t understand it” as an excuse to travel well, that reason is not allowed in law and certainly not in this case.

BTW - There’s a thing called Google where you can find information on just about anything if you don’t understand.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©