Friends??

Please note grumbles are preferred to praise . . .
Gillian

Friends??

Post by Gillian »

I don’t know about you but I didn’t like friends very much in the first place. I always found it was dated, a bit behind the times and I’m not on my own. It’s not funny at all just rehashed lines from way back. To top it all they now have a reunion film out, god, it was bad enough the first time round!
Ernie

Re: Friends??

Post by Ernie »

I don’t like American humour in general. Cheers was about the only one I could stand, mainly because of Kirsty.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Early riser

Post by Early riser »

I think US humour depends on two things:
  1. Staring at length, for example a wry look at the camera or staring after a laugh break, trying to extend the laugh.
  2. Screaming and jumping around waving your arms around.
Hmm, Kirsty’s let herself go a bit hasn't she? I can say that, we’re the same age and I’m in much better nick :lol:
🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
isifuba

Post by isifuba »

If I’m honest the quality of comedy shows is declining. Things that are just not funny like Golds new series “Murder, we hope” and the BBC’s “Fleabag” - not funny. Friends definitely wasn’t funny then or now, get it off! :D
Compo: ". . . in perfect condition, a manually operated siren worked by hand . . ."

Early riser

Post by Early riser »

Early riser wrote: 02 May 2021 13:26‘Mrs Browns Boys’, good god alive, once you’ve seen it you’ve seen it, it isn’t funny.

Talking of not funny, who said Ricky Gervais, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon were funny? Whoever it was was telling porkies!
🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Markus

Post by Markus »

isifuba wrote: 29 May 2021 09:20“Murder, we hope”
Absolute rubbish, I’ve tried to watch it a couple of times and it’s tripe. It’s to do with this modern trend called new comedy. It’s not clever and it’s not funny.