BBC radio

The BBC wants your grannies pension!
Go to the Defund the BBC website or YouTube for more information.
Optomatron

BBC radio

Post by Optomatron »

Do the BBC still transmit the world service? I always found it ‘quite’ useful but was so, I dunno, general and didn’t mean a lot to ex-pats who’d been overseas a while.
Early riser

Re: BBC radio

Post by Early riser »

Yes apparently so on FM, LW & MW. I used to listen to it on a Saturday afternoon for the football results when James Alexander Gordon read them. He had a very distinctive voice you couldn’t miss him.

He was the originator of “Forfar 5 Fife 4” :D

I don’t undestand why TMS isn’t on FM, no cars are built with AM radios these days, another BBC grumble!! :evil:
🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Imp

Post by Imp »

Do any of you remember the pirate radio stations? I’ve just been reading AM radio has only been kept for talk shows. If that is the case get rid of it I don’t want to listen to idiots prattling on.
Early riser

Re: BBC radioPlus

Post by Early riser »

Yes and Radio Luxemberg with Emperor Rosco and Alan Freeman (my second cousin as it happens) I used to hide under my bedclothes listening on my tranny. Radio music has gone down the pan since Radio 1, the MO was to play popular music like the pirates did but never really did. They looked after themselves promoting pop music they looked to profit from, at the time the BBC and Sony controlled a high percentage of the music and made sure their playlists were popular. Also the BBC barred certain types of music, see songs banned by the BBC. I mean, “My Dingaling”? Seriously? The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, ABBA, Queen and most of Black Sabbaths offerings plus many more all got banned. Even the godsquad wasn’t immune, Cliff Richard got banned as well.

The BBC has never had a grip on what the licence fee payers, or their kids, want, twats!
🇬🇧 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

You are definitely showing your age my friend.